Trying to Stay focused can be one of the hardest things to do as an at-home entrepreneur. When you are working from home and trying to build a business, your main reason for being at home can often times be the main reason that you get distracted on a daily basis.
It can be difficult to keep focus and also keep a balance that will enable you can do all the things that you want.
I’ll start a task in the morning and then end up jumping from task to task, putting out fires, and wasting a whole bunch of time “researching” or “looking for information”. If I’m not careful, half the day is gone before I know it, and I have accomplished nothing… zip, zero!
Does that ever happen to you?
Does it every feel like you’re working and working and at the end of the day, you haven’t really accomplished anything?
Does it feel like you are spinning your wheels?
Does it feel like you are going in circles?
Does it feel overwhelming and paralyzing because there are so many things that need done?
Does it feel like you are sabotaging your own success?
Here are 5 simple tips to help you stay focused, stay on track, get more accomplished in a smaller amount of time, so you can start to feel like you are making progress in your business.
- Every night make a list of 2-3 things that need to get done FIRST. These items need to include things that are going to make money (income producing activities).
- Outsource the repetitive things in your business that need to be done on a daily basis…. BUT don’t need to be done by you. Remember that you are the owner of your business, and NOT the employee.
- Set a timer. I often get side tracked in the middle of doing something. For example I am doing a blog post on a topic; I need to find out more information about that topic so I end up spending way to long checking out other articles, looking for quotes, images, or whatever else. On really bad days I end up surfing topics that aren’t even related to what I am writing the blog about!!
- Go through tasks and decide what is necessary to grow your business, and what is just “stuff” robbing you of time and focus. How much of that stuff can be eliminated all completely, or given to your assistant to complete.
- Stay logged out of social media and email until designated times throughout the day. We all know what a huge time suck things like Facebook and YouTube can be, lol.
Of course none of these tips are new, and they are pretty basic…. But, I think it’s important to be reminded of them from time to time.
We are starting the third quarter of the year. Let’s kick it off with focus and determination to succeed. So that we can all end the year strong.
That said, if you want to keep up to date with the latest tips and tricks from At Home with Heather, why not subscribe?
Now it’s your turn! Are there certain things that you do in the interest of staying focused? I would love for you to share them below in the comments section.
P.S. Did you know you can get all of my updates by signing up to receive them directly into your inbox? This way you don’t miss any of my progress updates.